Construction is one of the UK’s biggest employment sectors, with over 2.3 million workers and an economic output that accounts for nearly 7% of UK GDP.
The construction and allied industries are totally reliant on the full spectrum of plant and machinery, from common plant such as excavators, dumpers, telehandlers etc. up to a wide range of specialist equipment such as cranes, hoists, concrete pumps, etc. and all the other machinery and equipment that is such a crucial part of all construction projects. Nearly all of this equipment is hired in from specialist companies who provide the right equipment at the right time. The plant-hire industry is worth in excess of £3.5 billion to the UK economy.
Become a CPA member
CPA is committed to providing Members with first class support services to assist the effective running of their business.
Our Member benefits include:
- Advice on legal, safety, technical, training and policy matters
- Good practice guidance, safety and technical publications
- Comprehensive advice for business support
- Links to insurance, financial and other support services
- Email alerts and a quarterly CPA Bulletin
Special Interest Groups
To provide focus points within its diverse membership, CPA supports a number of Special Interest Groups, which tackle issues within specialist sectors. These include: