STIG Mission Statement
< Back to
Shoring Technology Interest Group (STIG)
Members of the Shoring Technology Interest Group (STIG) have produced a mission statement supporting their interest group's work.
The objective of the Shoring Technology Interest Group (STIG) are as follows:
1. To define, promote and encourage good practice in undertaking shoring and piling works in relation to the temporary support of excavations through the publication of guidance and technical notes;
2. To promote awareness of proprietary shoring solutions within the Construction Industry;
3. To support academia and training organisations in preparing and delivering first class and highly relevant practical teaching and training courses in modern methods of excavation support;
4. To develop industry consensus on technical issues relating to proprietary shoring and piling works;
5. To provide a UK mirror group for the review of standardisation documentation and representation on relevant BSI / CEN working groups;
6. To represent the interests of STIG, the CPA Members, and of the plant-hire industry to institute, promote, support or oppose legislative or other measures or proceedings which may affect the plant-hire industry;
7. To create conditions of contract for plant hire focusing on Shoring and Piling Technology for the use of CPA Members. Such conditions to be fair and reasonable to all parties involved.