Tickets Now Available for the CPA Construction Plant Conference 2017 - Early Bird Discount!
< Back to
News & Events
Delegate tickets can now be booked to attend the CPA Construction Plant Conference on Tuesday 31st October 2017 at the Heart of England Conference and Events Centre between Birmingham and Coventry. Tickets can be booked online via the CPA website at https://www.cpa.uk.net/cpa-conference-2017-tickets/
The cost to attend is £66 (inclusive of VAT) but all purchases made before the end of Sunday 17th September 2017 will benefit from a 20% discount, meaning that tickets will be reduced to £52.80 (inclusive of VAT) if booked by this date.
The CPA Construction Plant Conference is a one-day event hosted by the CPA in association with primary sponsor AMI Group and presents a unique opportunity to discuss important and business-critical developments in construction plant hire. Speakers and subjects include:
- Air Quality in London: Emission Measurement and the NRMM LEZ Policy. Do the real world measurements actually support the existing policy?
Daniel Marsh, King's College London will speak about real-world emission measurement work for the London Low Emissions Construction Partnership and the NRMM LEZ policy for London.
- Plant Operators - How many are there? Will supply meet demand? Official statistics say 45,000 plant operators in UK. But it could be as high as 245,000. Which is right?
Carl Letman, Skyblue Research, will share the results of the CPA / CITB research into plant operator supply and demand.
- Skills, Training and CITB - What will the future look like?
Mark Noonan, CITB. 2017 has seen many changes in the training landscape. What will the effect of the Apprenticeship Levy, CITB consensus and grant reform be?
- Shared Solutions to Reduce Risk. How can the supply chain actually work together to make sites safer?
Tim Watson, CPA will talk about CPA's latest safety projects and how industries can work together to find shared solutions to reduce risk, comply with the law and establish standards.
- Evolution in Safety Standards
Carole Bardell, Head of Health, Safety and Security, Area North, HS2 Ltd will talk about the role of the client in the constant improvement of major projects' standards, including HS2's Health and Safety Standard.
- 2018 - What challenges will it bring to businesses in construction plant hire? Are you worried about where the next generation of employees is going to come from? What will happen after Brexit if some of your operators aren't from the UK?
John Batty of Bluejohn Marketing describes the challenges that plant hire companies are facing, as shown by CPA's research amongst membership, and some of the possible solutions.
- Health and Productivity
Kate Walker of Diabetes and You will talk about the effect that health can have on workforce productivity and absenteeism, and how an employer can address the challenges of an ageing workforce.
As well as speaker presentations, a number of companies will be exhibiting at the event, including AMI Group, GenQuip, JCB, ECY Haulmark, Datatag, Point of Rental Software, AJ Gallagher, Jaama, CanTrack, SKM Asset Finance, Teletrac Navman, Select Plant Hire, MCS Rental Software, IPAF, Trackunit and Hook-up Solutions.
Organisations interested in exhibiting at the event can contact Lisa Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07968 840390.
Speakers and topics at the CPA Plant Conference 2017 are subject to change.