News from the CPA
HGV Periodic Testing (Roadworthiness Test)
From the 20th May 2018, some vehicles which run on a standard HGV chassis will lose their test exemption status and will need to complete their annual test.
The vehicles affected are:
- Mobile cranes (on a standard HGV chassis)
- Breakdown vehicles
- Engineering plant and plant (not being engineering plant), which is movable plant or equipment being a motor vehicle (not constructed primarily to carry a load) especially designed and constructed for the special purposes of engineering operations
- Tower wagons
- Road construction vehicles (but not road rollers and other specialised equipment not based on an HGV chassis)
- Electrically propelled motor vehicles registered since the 1st March 2015
- Tractor units pulling exempt trailers
- Motor tractors and heavy and light locomotives exempted under sections 185 and 186 (3) of the Road Traffic Act 1988, where these are based on a HGV chassis.
More information can be found at https://www.cpa.uk.net/transport825960/