CPA Conference 2017
< Back to
CPA Plant Conference - 31st October 2017.
The conference was at the Heart of England Conference Centre, near Birmingham. Please click HERE to view a leaflet about the event.
Subjects and speakers were:
- Air Quality in London: Daniel Marsh, King's College London will speak about real-world emission measurement and the GLA’s policy for emissions from construction equipment in London.
- Plant Operators - How many are there? Carl Letman, Skyblue Research, will share the results of the CPA / CITB research into plant operator supply and demand.
- Skills, Training and CITB - What will the future look like? Mark Noonan, CITB. What will the effect of the Apprenticeship Levy, CITB consensus and grant reform be in 2018?
- Health and productivity – Kate Walker of Diabetes and You will look at the effect that health can have on workforce productivity and absenteeism, including the challenges of an ageing workforce
- HS2 and evolution in Safety Standards – Carole Bardell of HS2 - the role of HS2 as client in the constant improvement of major projects' standards, including HS2's Health and Safety Standard.
- Shared Solutions to Reduce Risk: Tim Watson, CPA will talk about CPA's latest safety projects and how industries can work together to find shared solutions to reduce risk, to comply with the law and to establish standards.
- 2018 - What challenges will it bring to businesses in construction plant hire? John Batty of Bluejohn Marketing describes the challenges that plant hire companies are facing, as shown by CPA's research amongst membership.
To view the timetable of the day please click HERE.
The Conference was organised in association with AMI Group. There were 15 companies
sponsoring the event, and bringing equipment and displays. Others were AJ Gallagher,
CanTrack, Datatag, ECY Haulmark, GenQuip, IPAF, Jaama, JCB MCS Rental Software, Point of
Rental Software, SKM Asset Finance, Select Plant Hire, Teletrac Navman, and Trackunit.